Re: Seeking accessible offline dictionaries

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 22:07:42 +0530

Jerry,

The description states:
How does this compare to a standard dictionary? Well, a standard desktop dictionary contains about 110,000 words with definitions and is about 800 pages.
However, the UTD also includes sentences using each defined word in context, for every "sense (meaning)" of the word.

PL] Is this feature in the demo? If yes, I cannot find it. Try the following words
hubris
Bowdlerize
definition
exquisite

Finally, the lookup word combo box does not seem to support copy and paste? I have tried pasting text into it and nothing happens.

Pranav