RE: Sapi5 Detection Problem with JAWS11 and Windows7 64on a -bit computer.

  • From: "Richard P. Kelly" <rpkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:28:09 -0600

Hello Ahmed,

This is the section of email I originally received from a support site
regarding this issue:

To access the sapi 32 voices, open windows explorer and paste the following
into the address field.  Press

%windir%\SysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

The other option I found to be much easier was to press the Windows start
button and paste that same string into the edit field and press enter.

%windir%\SysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

When I do so, I have access to the voices from AT & T and the Voiceware
voices that shipped with Kurzweil 1000.

If the AT&T voices are installed, they should show up.  If they are not, you
might try a reinstall.

My desktop short cut simply takes you to the same screen for changing the
voices; so if they are not showing up already, the shortcut is not going to
find them either.

Cordially,
Richard P. Kelly
rpkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx