Reading Messsages in Thunderbird

  • From: "Kim Loftis" <kll2277@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:15:18 -0500

Hi All,

I just installed the latest version of Thunderbird, to see whether I'd prefer
it as my mail client rather than Windows Live Mail, which I'm currently using
as my default mail client.

I was wondering if there's any way to change how the message headers are read
aloud?  By this I mean, in Windows Live Mail, when I receive a message, the
message sender's display name or full name will be read first, then the
subject, then the date.  In Thunderbird, the subject is being read first, then
the sender.  I've been playing around in the options menus, but as yet have
found no way to change this.  If anyone has any suggestions / pointers, I'd be
most grateful.  I'm using the latest build of Jaws 10.

Thanks much,
Kim