Problems navigating Outlook 2003 e-mail messages using Jaws 10

  • From: "Don Risavy, Jr." <donaldjjr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Computing" <blind-computing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:41:51 -0600

Hello,

Wondered if anyone else besides me is having problems when either composing
or reading

e-mail in Outlook 2003 with jaws 10 and using the left or Wright arrows keys
that jaws seems to not track properly when navigating through text in an
e-mail message either reading or composing?  I have Microsoft Word set as
the editor and have my layout as html which doesn't know if that's the
problem or not as this doesn't happen when using Outlook Express.

So just wondered if anyone else has experience this and if so what did you
do to fix it as have tried everything both in the Word 2003 options and
Outlook too as well as jaws to see if could fix the problem with no success
as jaws still misses words when navigating left or Wright with the arrow
keys.

I did notice that if use the num pad navigation Jaws reads correctly.

Thanks.