RE: Problems and excuses.

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:54:48 -0500

Here is a list of things to try:
1.  Review your settings in the View menu.  Be sure "normal" and only
"normal" is checked.  If anything else is checked, uncheck it by
pressing ENTER.  Then go into View again to make sure.  Within the
"zoom" settings in "View," be sure (as someone has already suggested) it
is set to 75%.  Finally, under "View" again, go into the tool bar sub
menu.  Be sure only "standard" and "formatting" are checked.  Uncheck
everything else.
2.  If the above do not help. be sure the Word window is maximized.
Press Alt and F-10 until you hear "maximized."
3.  If none of this helps, you are probably using version 5.0 of JAWS.
Kill version 5.0 and load version 4.51.  It is hoped that version 5.1
will fix the problem introduced in version 5.0.  Be sure to call Freedom
Scientific to report your problem.  The more who call, the more likely
it is that Freedom Scientific will consider this problem to be serious
enough to fix it.

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.
Kansas City, MO 64111