PowerPoint 2003, Jaws 7, focus problems in presentation mode

  • From: "Robert McCoy" <rmccoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 04:38:40 -0400

Thanks in advance.
I am using PowerPoint 2003, Jaws 7
When in presentation mode I experience a loss of focus which is frustrating
at any time, but for me, especially when teaching a class of university
students.
 Sometimes jaws works well, others I have to alt tab away from the
presentation and then back to it.  Sometimes this doesn't help either.
Symptoms:  If up-arrowing jaws will read previous slide.  If down-arrowing
jaws only reads a line or two then makes the sound that indicates the bottom
of a page, this in spite of the fact that  it has not yet reached the bottom
of the slide.

I tried various monitor settings.
I have done all the XP and Office updates.
My computer is a Dell inspiron 9200 laptop using the ATI Radeon mobility vid
card, XP home, AVG anti-virus program.

If PowerPoint 2003 is problematic with jaws, I do have 2000 that I can try
going back to.

Again, thanks
Robert McCoy
506-459-6636