Play Sound button in Jaws pronunciation dictionary

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:39:41 -0800

I recently switched from Jaws 4.51 to Jaws 6.  After I input a phonetic
approximation of a word Jaws isn't pronouncing realistically, I tab to get
to the OK button.  But whereas I'd arrive in one press of the Tab button at
OK before, now I find myself traversing several other controls, for instance
something to do with a language combo box, as well as a play sound button.
I don't get the reason for this in the first place, because the way I hear
what my phonetic creativity will produce is just by having Jaws read my
entry.  But, whatever.  I figured they want to get fancy or something.  So I
press Enter on Play sound button.  But nothing happens.  So I tab to OK
anyway,and that's that.

So what's the deal with this Play Sound button, and why doesn't it do
anything?

Thanks,
Daniel