Re: PROBLEM WITH JAWS 9 IN WORD

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:56:52 -0700

Hi Gerald,

Thanks, I'll file this for future reference. I don't have problems with Word
because I'm using Word 2000, as I prefer its thesaurus even to that of Word
2003. But at some point, soon, I have to suppose that Jaws will lose enough
of its support for older Word versions that I'll have to migrate somewhere
or other, if Jaws doesn't keep up with the evolution of Word very well.

One question does occur to me, which is what's inadequate about something
like WordPad for purposes like what you describe? It's got some formatting
capabilities and other functions that make it more functional than the
bare-bones Notepad, and it's free and part of Windows. Isn't that good
enough, without getting into these other word processors you mention? Thanks
for explaining.