Outlook 2003 Calendar

  • From: "Lorana Chanicut" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 23:41:38 -0600

JAWS help says that I should be able to read the calendar, but it doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped.

I make sure that I'm in the Day view, and then I right arrow until I'm on a day that I'm interested in.

JAWS will say something like, "1 all day appointment, and then read it out." It might say, "Traci, Vacation Day."

Then it says "4 timed appointments."

Fine. I begin moving down the day, moving by half hour increments, but JAWS won't tell me what's scheduled when. It just says, "8:30", "9:00", "9:30", and so on. If I'm lucky enough to know that there's an appointment in a certain time, I can right click on that time, and click Open to see the meeting announcement, but I'm trying to look at other people's calendars, as when I'd schedule a meeting, or look up details of someone's appointment for them.

How do I make JAWS automatically announce appointment info? To me, logically, if I move onto a time with an appointment, it should announce the subject line of the appointment. For instance: 8:30 Staff Meeting

Lora