Re: Open Word and Jaws

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 08:15:23 -0700

Hi Dan,

My experience is that Open Book takes over with its own synthesized speech
when you launch it.  At least that's how it's always worked for me.  I've
never learned the Open Book reading commands very well, and keep
accidentally using Jaws commands that cause Open Book to begin a new scan
every time I press the Insert key, which would be amusing it it weren't such
a pain.

Humor aside, if you don't care to read Open Book documents using Open Book's
own speech, you could do a Save As (Alt F, A for Save As) from the Open Book
files menu, save the document as a text file or Word file, exit Open Book,
and then open the document and read it with Jaws.

Actually, this is what I most often do because I'm so unskilled with the
reading commands in Open Book.

Daniel