Re: On Line Banking with JFW

  • From: "Wes Derby" <wesderby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:08:53 -0800

Hi Donna.

Don't know if you've already been answered, but in my experience, BofA is a VERY easy site to navigate with JFW. I've been using it to do all of our bill paying, balance transfers, look over transactions, and all that, since early 2001. I started doing it with JFW 3.7, and am currently running 5.1 with Internet Explorer 6 (I think service pack 2), and have never had any problems with the site. I don't do much of my bill paying with the site anymore, but only because most of the bills I have to pay can be paid directly through the merchants'/companies' websites, but I do still pay a couple things, like our car and our power bill, through the BofA website.

One thing I will say, and this doesn't have anything to do with JFW, but if you have direct deposit and you have a pending direct deposit that day, it is still best to use the phone line...The website will show you your actual balance and your available balance, but even when you click on your account number, it doesn't give the "Pending" transactions, only the posted ones...You can't get most pending transactions over the phone either, but amounts of direct deposits to be posted that day are available. I only mention this because I have to check it every payday because I keep our bank records on my Braille Lite, mainly because my wife never remembers to write anything down or to balance her checkbook. :)

Hope that helps you.

Wes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna Corson" <donnalettie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>