Off topic,IE 7, switch between tabs quickly and easily using the keyboar!

  • From: "Jim Talley" <nrg.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:44:53 -0600

Internet Explorer 7 Details

,

Internet Explorer 7 IE7 will support transparent PNG Implementation using
per-pixel alpha PNGs. This is more important for Web designers then for end
users. What it allows

developers to do is create partially transparent pixels. IE7 will add tabbed
browsing. Many people have been asking for tabbed browsing in IE, and I know a
lot of people that have for the reason of not having

tabbed browsing in IE switched to FireFox.). According to an IE7 team member,
the tabbed browsing experience in the upcoming IE7 beta will be

pretty basic. We should expect additional end-user functionality to come in
after the beta.

Tony Schreiner, a developer from the IE team writes in the official IEBlog:
"IE7 Beta 1 has most of the core features you expect from a tabbed browser.

You are able to open links in a new tab by middle-clicking or Ctrl-clicking
links. You can switch between tabs quickly and easily using both the keyboard

and mouse. You can control whether tabs open in the background or foreground,
or open them in a new window as you always have. This core functionality

is largely catch-up to other browsers which support tabs, but a necessary
foundation for future work".

There has been no official announcement on when we can expect IE7 Beta 1 to
arrive, the only "date" being mentioned is "this summer".

If you want more information, check out the official

IEBlog.

Jim Talley (Coordinator) ASSISTIVE ASSOCIATES