Notes Pane in Powerpoint 2007

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:32:20 -0700

Hi,
I found what looks to be a neat little Powerpoint 2007 tutorial at

http://www.utexas.edu/disability/ai/resource/tutorials_classes/JAWS/ppt_overview07.htm

and thought it would be good to know a little about JAWS and Powerpoint.

One of the problems that I've run into is how to get the Notes pane to read
properly when editing or reviewing slide notes. When I run the presentation,
JAWS reads the slide notes automatically. Does the notes pane need to be
reclassed?  Or is there some other method of getting JAWS to read text in this
pane as I add or review it?  My workaround thus far has been to create the
slide notes in notepad or Word, then paste them in, not exactly the most
efficient way to do things. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Tom