New Admin

  • From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:43:12 -0600

Greetings all,
  Once upon a time a co-worker told me that the only problem with
leading the charge is all of the arrows one gets in the back. I suspect
that this is also true with List Management. Nick, I have only been a
member of this list for a few months but the friends and information I
have gained over this very short time has been very valuable. Many of
the JAWS tips which I have learned were questions I was too embarrassed
to ask for myself. Thanks for doing a thankless job.
Bruce, I do wish you the very best in your new endeavor. Having been in
various leadership positions with organizations of the Blind I can tell
you that you will never please everyone. With this in mind, just please
yourself and everyone else can deal with it. Bruce, would you send me a
list of the rules as I do not think I have ever seen one. In parting I
am enclosing a short story which should explain the position which Bruce
finds himself in. CYS.
The Donkey
An old man, a boy and a donkey were going to town.
The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked.
As they went along they passed some people who
remarked it was a shame the old man was walking
and the boy was riding. The man and boy thought
maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.
Later, they passed some people that remarked,
'What a shame,  he makes that little boy walk.'
They then decided they both would walk.

Soon they passed some more people who thought
they were stupid to walk when they had a decent
donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them
by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor
donkey. The boy and man said they were probably
right, so they decided to carry the donkey. As they
crossed the bridge, they lost their grip on the animal
and it fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story? If you try to please everyone,
you might as well kiss your ass good-bye.