Re: More addaware help please?

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:58:58 -0400

when you pressed ins+0, did you also press ctrl+s and then close the script
manager?

to see if the scripts are working properly, if you tab through the ad-aware
main window, you will find that each item in the window is spoken.  if the
items are not spoken, you do not have the scripts working properly.  When
you perform a scan, are you certain that you are doing a full system scan?
are you certanin that when the scan has complete that there are items to be
removed?  you should check this before pressing ctrl+n to go to the next
dialog.  If you then press ctrl+m, does it say that items have been selected
for removal?  If not, there is a problem if there are items that should be
removed.  I have found that on some systems, the scripts do not seem to work
and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it.  If you are using windows xp, you
need to set your color depth to 32-bit and your display resolution to
1024x768 and you need to set your taskbar to not be always on top of other
windows.  I'm not sure how to solve any problems with windows.98 but I have
not seen a system running on windows.98 on which the scripts are not
working.

Johnnie Apple Seed