Medical dictionary.

  • From: "Marsha Macchi" <cutterdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:53:36 -0700

Hi, Marsha here.  Your friend would do better to use the Stedman's Medical
Dictionary and spellcheckers as they do integrate into whatever word processing
program he/she would be using.  I use both WP 8.0 and Microsoft Word 2000 for
the contracts that I work on.  She can get this wonderful tool at
www.stedmans.com.  These books come in CD ROM format.  Also, Stedman's has put
many of their word books on CD ROM which can be installed as tools in your word
processing program.  Not since 1998 has the Dorland's dictionaries have been
JFW friendly in the slightest.  Frankly she is better off junking Dorland's
products altogether and going to the Stedman's variety as Dorland's has not
seen fit to be JFW-friendly or, to my knowledge, with any speech program.
I hope this helps the situation.  Should you have any further questions, you
may email me at cutterdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marsha