MS word not accepting keystrokes

  • From: "Johnson, Anna" <Anna_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:01:51 -0500

Hi,

We recently uninstalled Word XP and replaced it with Word 2000 for a client
on the job.  When he types in a document, JAWS repeats all the keystrokes,
but most of them do not appear on the screen.  Then the cursor gets stuck in
one position and can not be moved.

The computer is a Dell Optiplex running Windows XP Home (with current
updates) and JFW 4.51 (JFW 5.0 is installed and had the same problem).  A
medical transcription company made some changes by remote.  We have not been
able to determine if these changes had any effect on JAWS.  If JAWS is not
running, MS Word appears to work fine.

Has anybody experienced similar problems and know a solution?

Anna