Re: Laptop compatibility

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:13:54 -0000

Yes I'd like to know this also. According to the Freedom Scientific web site,
you'd need JAWS Pro to work with Media Centre, but I'm about to purchase a new
PC and JAWS 8 and hope to upgrade from a PC with Media Centre to Vista when it
is available at the end of January.

I enquired with Freedom Scientific about whether they would offer a free
upgrade to Vista compatible JAWS and this is what I received below. I thought
that as the email below indicates, a release to a compatible version of JAWS
for Vista, would only be a minor upgrade, so wouldn't it be free to everyone
anyway. I think it certainly should be as we are so close to the release.

Peter

Dear Peter:

Thank you for contacting Freedom Scientific Support.

To answer your question, we referred to Eric Damery, VP of Product
Management Software. Below is his response:

I can't promise that today but... I would suggest that if the customer
is buying JAWS Pro this month, and buys the SMA that will get him the
upgrade to 9 in September 07, and version 10 the following Fall, then we
will promise he can get the Vista support when we post it during the
first quarter of 2007. He can save this Email as a receipt to that
promise.
Regards,
Eric Amery