Re: Labeling buttons

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:15:01 -0700

Rich,

You're welcome, on the Wikipedia thing. I knew the basics but was fairly
astonished to learn the scope of that network since its beginnings. On our
local one, they like to say "we're operating out of a crummy little building
in culver City" )that's right next to Santa Monica), and they mean to sound
ironic (they're probably in an office tower as big as Tony-MGM headquarters
in the same area) like the whole thing's kind of a joke about being small
and personal instead of corporate. It's all ironic posturing. Weird,
actually, such irony. But that would require an essay on about four decades
of social and corporate change.

One question. Two, actually. How did you learn that keystroke? And then, how
did you figure out what to label those buttons? I know Web sites with
clusters or lists of buttons or links just labeled 1, 2, 3 and the like.
Whereas they surely must be  labeled with some visible non HTML wording
either right on them or nearby. but how did you figure out what the buttons
were?

Thanks.

they're sticking in your fac3e as a sort of joke because, yes, they're
we'd43e