Jaws8 and outlook

  • From: "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:44:43 -0500

Hello everyone,

I got my Jaws 8 software yesterday. The installation went well. But there
are a couple things I don’t like. When I press control N for a new message,
and press the first letter to bring up an address, it doesn’t bring up any
addresses. For an example, in jaws 7, I would press the letter j, and
HYPERLINK "mailto:JFW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"JFW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx would pop up.

Now, in 8 point o, if I press the same letter, it just says the letter j.
but if I press enter, it will automatically bring up HYPERLINK
"mailto:JFW@xxxxxxxxxxxx"JFW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx I did call freedom scientific
technical support and they told me, that is the way it is suppose to work.
They said, if I got the address to come up on the first keystroke of the
address in jaws 7 point o, I just got lucky. Then they said, the way it is
suppose to work is, you would press the first couple of letters of the
address, and then press control K and the address would appear.

I went into the tools, then options. Then went into my preferences page.
Then to mail options, advanced email options. Here I have when sending a
message, automatic name checking is checked. And suggest names while
completing to the CC and BC field is check too. Little confused here. Why
does it work in 7 point o and not 8 point o?

The second issue is, when I do a control K after pressing the first couple
of letters of the address I want to send to, it says the address all screwed
up. Unfortunately I figured this one out after the call to freedom
scientific. I think that is just a view setting, but not really sure.

 I don’t know if this makes any cense either, but they also said, if I
wanted to I could try merging utilities.

My question is, has anyone had this kind of problem? And if so, how did you
fix it?

Also, just to let everyone know, I am using MS office Outlook 2003 and not
outlook express.

Hoping for helpful advice on this one.

Roger Bachelder

9:04 PM