Re: Jaws with gmail

  • From: Janitha Rukmal <jrukmal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 20:19:30 +0530

Janitha Rukmal wrote:
Hi Godwin,
I hope you are refering to the browsing of email via your web browser. If that's the case, toggle your Gmail view to "Standard html view" by hitting enter on the link that says "Basic html". You can find it almost at the end of your browser view. the easiest method is to press CTRL key +f7 to get the links list & hit the letter "b" untill you land on the right link. once you got this setting changed you'll be able to access your email messages without so much of a fuss. in the Basic html view, just pressing the key "x" will take you to the most recent message that you have received. I think there onwards you can carry on
on your own
you will get the subject of the message as a link just below the checkbox on which you land once you pressed "x" for the first time. just hit enter once you are on one of those links to expand the entire message. then you can either press Jaws key + f5 to go to the list of buttons & formfields available in the page & select the field in which you hear the nutshell of your message to read the entire thing, or you can leisurely move down with the arrow keys untill you find the message. Please feel free to do it as you prefer.

Possibly there may be some other methods specific for the Jaws version 10. for now, untill you find a better way out. you may use this method. Anyway, please note that the basic html view deprives you of a few advantages like built-in chatting facility etc. Hope you wouldn't mind that since you can do what you want to do most.
With best wishes
Janitha Rukmal
Adoyi wrote:

Hi,
Does any one know if Jaws works with gmail key board short cuts? I have problems using gmail key board short cuts even though the key board short cuts is turned on in the settings, I'm using Jaws ten with
--
Best regards,
Godwin Adoyi Agada

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4134 (20090605) __________