RE: Jaws and jobs.

  • From: "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 03:52:29 -0400

I'd say it depends more on the employer than the actual job. IE: I did tech
support for about a year and a half with Dell, and had no problems. However
were I hired on for same position with HP, it might have been a different
story. It's largely due to the individual programs being used by said
employers. Yes, there is often times some resistance when it comes to
installing JAWS on their systems, but I find that to be a secondary issue,
as instalation of the software is really only half the problem of workplace
accessibility.

James,
List Admin

  _____