Re: Jaws and acrobat reader5.1

  • From: <fioresq1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:08:32 -0500

Some pdf files will not read, you must scan them for ocr recognition first.
For instance, in my law practice, when I file a pleading in federal court, I
am required to create and submit a pdf file to the court.  That is done by
preparing a word document or word perfect document and printing it to a pdf
file.  You can read a file like that.  Of course, you need the acrabat
program to make such a file.  However, if someone scans a file with an
optical scanner in pdf format, it will show up blank, you must scan it in
open book or whatever ocr system you have and then you can read it in an ark
(if you have openebook) format.  Hope this helps.  The question I can not
answer is whether the newest forms of pdf files will  read in jaws if you
don't have that updated system on your computer.  John Fioravanti