Re: Jaws and SBC DSL High Speed.

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:27:32 -0700

Hi,
You wrote:

> Hello listers,
> I am changing to SBC, DSl, and thats SBC and Yahoo.
> Is anyone else out there using SBC Yahoo internet service? If so, does it
> work well with jaws? Was it easy to setup? Also, is the email user
friendly?

I started out with Pacific Bell DSL five years ago. This later became SBC
Yahoo! DSL, and at that time, I was asked to download and run some
installation program which would do things like reconfigure my e-mail and
add some bells and whistles, including some sort of Yahoo! Browser.  I
basically let the thing reconfigure my Outlook Express settings and send
some info back to SBC or Yahoo! which would prepare mailboxes on the
servers. Something like that anyway. It's been a while. I know exactly what
I want from my online experience and I don't need extra fluff that might get
passed along with SBC's software package, so I was very picky about what got
installed or tweaked.  I'm using the same old log-on program, Outlook
Express and Internet Explorer, nothing fancy here and it works great. When
the time came to configure my laptop, I just looked at my Outlook Express
settings, made a note of them and configured OE on the laptop similarly, set
up a standard PPOE connection in Windows XP and it's worked like a champ.

Hope this helps.
Tom