Re: Jaws And ITunes 8

  • From: Janet Hlozik Taylor <janet_taylor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:59:25 -0500

Geoff,

In answer to your second question, unless something has changed in recent months, you do have to create an account (an "Apple ID") to redeem an apple iTunes card.

I am only a novice Jaws user and am using version 8, but I experimented with iTunes and was able to set up an account and get to the redeem screen. It's somewhat involved, probably because I don't know all the available commands, but here is what I did:

1. Open iTunes, enter alt+s to go to the store menu and arrow down to the sign in menu option. 2. Enter alt+a or hit enter on the Create New Account link. Tab to the continue button (enter).
3. Check the  agree to terms clause.  Tab to continue button (enter).
4. Tab to email address and fill out the entire form. I found that year and month drop down did not read consistently. I just tabbed away and then shift+tab back to make it read again. Tab to the continue button (enter). 5. Next, there's an edit box for Gift Cards and Certificates Code. I could not get Jaws to read the word "code."
To redeem a card after you have an account (an "Apple ID")

1. When I open iTunes, it automatically focuses on the store window, but the login occurs before the store, so I had to shift+tab to get to the sign in button (enter). 2. To enter the Apple ID, I had to enter alt+a. 3. Enter the password. Enter. 4. Now that you are logged in, the focus will be on the store window again. To get to your account, shift+tab until you get to your Apple ID (enter).
5. Log in again.
6. The Apple Account Information Window will open with the focus on it. Tab to the Edit Payment Information link. Enter. 7. After Credit Card, hit enter for the radio button for "none" if you do not want to associate a credit card with the account.
8. The next link will be: to redeem a code click here.  Enter.

I hope this isn't too confusing. If anyone can accomplish this more easily, please send instructions. I could use the information, too. Also, if my instructions are not written in a helpful way, I'd like to know that, too.
Best,

Janet

--
Janet Hlozik Taylor
Usability and Interface Librarian

Voice: 617.495.3724
Email: janet_taylor@xxxxxxxxxxx
--

Geoff Connor wrote:
Hi everyone. I currently have Jaws 10 and ITunes 8 on my computer. Today I
purchased an ITunes card. I went to the ITunes store just as the card
instructed me to do, and then I looked for the redeem button with the Jaws
curser. But I was unable to find it. Can anyone help me with this?  I am new
to ITunes. Do I have to have an account set up if I'm using an ITunes card?

Cheers.

Geoff
6:13 PM

Alternative archives located at: