Re: Jaws 8 Forms mode change?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 03:36:53 -0800

Well then, forget the part about Word. Some of the experiences I've been
having are pretty confusing.

As for the other, online forms, no, I have Jaws set to its default of
automatically exiting forms mode just as you describe. But it happens to
have been my experience all along, over several versions, that in fact if
I'm in a combo box, do my selection from the list, and then press Enter, it
has always seemed just to close the combo box just as if I'd pressed alt up
arrow. Go figure, like they say.

Amazon would be a familiar example. If I were pressing Enter only to confirm
a combo box selection--something I seem to have learned, somewhere, some
time ago-- it would not exit me from Forms Mode but just allow me to tab to
the next form field, for instance the edit box for a search that relates to
the combo box where I've chosen which Amazon department to search in. And
now it behaves just as you're familiar with.

Honestly this is true experience. Also, it's for several versions until now.

But it's okay.  I know how to do it right. I was just curious.

Thanks.