re: VB6 application retrofit

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 06:20:02 -0500

Hello David,

I am a blind programmer, however, I am unfamiliar with Visual Basic, but if you
don't find the answers you are looking for on this list, I suggest you try
blindprogramming.com, which is a great resource for blind programmers. They
also have a users group where you can get assistance. I know there are several
members who are very knowledgeable with VB6. Good luck with your project!

Best regards,

Alan

David wrote:
Hello!  I'm new to this list and need help.  I am a developer with
Northrop Grumman CSC in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I am attempting to
retrofit a vb6 application to State of Arkansas accessibility standards.
I have at least three major problems.

1)       JAWS does not appear to read Crystal Reports.  Is there a way
to do this?

2)       Jaws can read text in the MDI form status bar from child forms
(because it remains active);  however the vb application, while using an
MDI, does not use child forms, but rather programmatically controlled
forms.  Is there a way to read from the MDI statusbar if not using child
forms?

3)       Jaws reads left-hand labels by controls, but when the controls
and labels are on a frame with a frame caption, JAWS does NOT read the
labels and instead reads the frame caption.  Is there a way to  get JAWS
to read the labels on the frame?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David A. Lockwood

Northrop Grumman State and Local Systems