Re: Jaws 8

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:38:07 -0700

Well, my Jaws 8 doesn't do that when I boot up, but whereas for a couple of
months it landed me on the first icon on my desktop and said only something
like "List view My Documents 1 of 33" or whatever, and I could arrow around
the desktop icons if I felt like it at that point (I confess that I usually
just launch something with a hotkey), now when I boot up I can see I'm on
the Desktop screen, but I'm not on a Desktop icon. I have to tab around from
the Start button to the task bar to the system tray to finally hear
"desktop." This is one quirky version of Jaws. Yes, I've repaired it, I've
updated it so that it's absolutely current, and still it does all sorts of
weird stuff like this. Go figure. Every day, at some point, I unload it and
launch Jaws 7 so I can function without all these hassles.

Sorry for the interruption. Just had to vent for a minute. I really don't
care for Jaws 8. But this too, shall pass, I tell myself.
mnute.----- Original Message -----