Jaws 11 not reading edit fields or multi-select lists

  • From: "joanne" <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:07:15 -0500

A good example that matches my subject line just happened while trying to read
my edit fields in this email.  It may say "subject" or "edit" so you know where
to type, but I can't get it to read back by character while in an edit field.
Another example of what's happened recently is, when in a list where items need
to be checked, like say in your Jaws verbosity options where you want to change
items, it may say something like "not selected 1 of 20 checked", but it won't
read the list so I know what to check or what not to.  In sendspace it does say
enter the URL but doesn't say edit, and it doesn't mention that the okays on
different programs are buttons anymore.  I am trying out this Windows 7 and am
not real crazy about it, but that's all I have right now till my computer is
fixed.  I know Freedom Scientific hasn't come up with a recommended list of
Windows 7 settings for Jaws, but I know it has to be something either
screen-related or video-related, because I also can't route cursors anymore
because it won't recognize anything on the screen when routing.  Does anyone
know what I may have to change in display, screen or video that might make Jaws
read correctly again?

Thanks.