RE: JFW11 fails to read message subjects in Outlook 2007

  • From: "J Gurd" <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:15:00 -0000

I got the following advice from FS support about my problem. It worked and
JFW11 now reads message lists correctly.

John

Bulletin Type: FAQ

Date Posted: 11/24/2009

Product Name: JAWS

Version: Any

Category: Outlook

Question:

JAWS does not correctly speak or braille the contents of my Inbox. How can I
correct this problem?

Answer:

If the columns in Outlook have been altered, JAWS may not be getting the
correct information from MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility). Since JAWS
no longer gets its information from the screen, it is very important that
the columns be correctly formatted. To fix this problem, do the following:

Close Outlook.

Press WINDOWS Key+R for the Run dialog and type "Outlook.exe /cleanviews"
without the quotes. Press ENTER.

When Outlook opens, the views will be set to their defaults. It will be
necessary to turn off the Preview Pane and reset any custom view settings as
everything has been reset to default.

Information fount at:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.asp?QC=1369