Re: JFW and Athlon 64 Processor

  • From: chaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:05:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
Okay, I am trying to understand everything that has been said in previous
messages.
You said that Jaws will freeze up or lock up from not enough CPU usage.
You said that CPU usage is multi applications running at the same time.
From this I conclude that Jaws could freeze up of lock up when there is
not multi applications running, is this correct?
If this is the case, would it be better to shut Jaws off instead of
leaving it idol?
Then you said that Jaws might studder because multi applications are
running and Jaws has to wait for its turn for the thread of information to
be processed,
is this correct?
My question is if this is not the case with 32 bit processors, why would
it be the case with 64 bit processors?
It looks like processors would get better, not the opposite?
Thanks for all of the help,
Chris Chaffin> CPU usage, is where you have multiple applications running
at the same