JAWS Works with New IE 8 Beta 2

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:46:00 -0400

Happy Labor day, fellow listers.  I am happy to report that JAWS works with the
eagerly awaited, recently released public Beta 2 test version of Internet
Explorer 8, which is touted by Microsoft to be better, faster, and more secure
than IE 7.  Initial reviews have been mostly favorable, and so far, I have not
encountered any major problems with it myself using JAWS 8, 9 or 10, except for
the read Address Bar command (Insert + A) which does not work, probably because
the Address Bar has been modified in IE8.  I especially like the new private
browsing feature, which should make browsing a little safer.  If you're
interested in trying it out for yourself, click on the link below to learn
more, and be sure to listen to the video which demonstrates IE8's new features
before you download it.  Keep in mind that IE8 runs under Win XP or Vista, and
installing it will replace your currently installed version of IE, although
your settings, home page, browsing history, favorites, and feeds will all be
imported during the set-up process.  Happy surfing!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/