Re: JAWS 9 and Windows Contacts

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:43:27 +0000

Hi Jake, welcome to the list. I read some time ago that this is a bug in Vista, so let's hope this will be fixed in the upcoming service pack, service pack 1. I have JAWS 9 and Vista as well, but I use a different e-mail client, Eudora, so I don't need to worry about this personally. I hope this helps, and welcome again to the list.

At 19:20 20/01/2008, you wrote:
Hi everyone. My name is Jake and I just joined the list a few moments ago. I have a question pertaining to the use of Windows Vista with JAWS. Actually this kind of involves the System Access screen reader too, but I'll get to that. I have JAWS version 9, and am using Windows Vista. I'm not certain which version of Vista it is though. For the most part, I am finding JAWS version 9 to work great. However, I am having a problem with my Windows Contacts. I have attempted to launch Windows Contacts from the Start menu, and also from Windows Mail. JAWS is only reading one or two of the contacts, but I know there are more in there because I added them myself. After that JAWS just stops dead in its tracks, and when I try to exit Windows Contacts I get a message from JAWS saying "Windows Contacts not Responding." This also happened when I tried them with System Access. I had a neighbor come in here and see if anything happened on the screen, but he couldn't find anything. He tried moving the mouse around a bit and was able to exit Windows Contacts. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I need to correct an email address for one of my contacts. Thanks a lot.
Jake

Chris Hallsworth
Skype chrishallsworth7266
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx