JAWS 9 and Windows Contacts

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:20:41 -0600

Hi everyone. My name is Jake and I just joined the list a few moments ago. I
have a question pertaining to the use of Windows Vista with JAWS. Actually this
kind of involves the System Access screen reader too, but I'll get to that. I
have JAWS version 9, and am using Windows Vista. I'm not certain which version
of Vista it is though. For the most part, I am finding JAWS version 9 to work
great. However, I am having a problem with my Windows Contacts. I have
attempted to launch Windows Contacts from the Start menu, and also from Windows
Mail. JAWS is only reading one or two of the contacts, but I know there are
more in there because I added them myself. After that JAWS just stops dead in
its tracks, and when I try to exit Windows Contacts I get a message from JAWS
saying "Windows Contacts not Responding." This also happened when I tried them
with System Access. I had a neighbor come in here and see if anything happened
on the screen, but he couldn't find anything. He tried moving the mouse around
a bit and was able to exit Windows Contacts. Any help with this would be
greatly appreciated as I need to correct an email address for one of my
contacts. Thanks a lot.
Jake