Re: JAWS 64 bit Beta anyone?

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:01:47 -0500 (CDT)

The 64-bit version of JAWS is out of beta. You may wish to buy a 64-bit computer, but put a 32-bit version of Vista on it, just to be on the safe side. This will, at present, probably give you the greatest access to the greatest number of programs, as currently programs are still being revised to work under 64-bit Vista. It is the way of the future, to be sure, but the future is not quite here yet. If you buy a 64-bit computer and a 32-bit version of Vista, then you should be ready when the time to upgrade comes. It's what I would probably do at this point.

Bruce

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Kevin Gibbs wrote:

Dear All,
   I'm rejoining this list in an effort to learn if anyone knows anything
about the new JAWS 64 bit Beta.  I've restrained myself from replacing my
laptop until I have confidence that JAWS can work in a 64bit environment.
Once it does, I can buy a cheap laptop with a  built in video cam and start
doing Skype video and other things.  I don't want to buy another XP laptop
when that's clearly not where the rest of the world is.  My current laptop
is a relic and is in desperate need of replacement.  any info greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

Alternative archives located at: