Re: ILM Auth Keys & New XP Machine

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 06:01:09 -0400

Hi Chris,

    I've installed everything since JAWS 3.5 or whatever it was
myself, so I'm not afraid of installing it myself, however everybody
is right.  It will be my computer and I am paying him and he should
jolly well be able to sit there while I install it.  He can work on
his time sheet or return calls while I'm doing it.

    I'll call him as soon as it's a decent hour and hope it isn't too
late.

    Thank you all for giving me the necessary shove to do the right
thing.
Margaret

"Chris Skarstad" wrote:

hi.  If it's not too late for you to do it, call him and tell him that
you'd like to install JAWS yourself, or at the very least have him
there
when you do it. I understand that sometimes these things can be a bit
overwelming, but once you learn how to install JAWS yourself, you
won't
have to rely on a tech to do something that would only take you 5
minutes
to do yourself.  All the information is available right there in the
instalation.  If you're confused about a choice you have to make, you
simply press insert plus f1 and JAWS will explain your options and
what
will happen if you choose each option. It's very helpful.
Honestly, for your own piece of mind, I would really recommend that
you
install it on your own, or like I said, at least have someone there
with
you while you do it, especially since your tech may be unfamiliar with
certain problems that only relate to JAWS, the configuration and setup
of
windows xp for maximum performance with JAWS, etc.