Re: Hope someone can help

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:10:46 -0700

That doesn't even make sense!  Why would an active x control be activated by
pasting text into an email?  This can be changed for active x, if that is the
problem, by going into security tab of internet options, choosing internet zone,
hitting custom button then looking for active x controlls.  Set this to either
prompt or enable.  Depending on whether you have xp service pack 2 or not, there
may be some additional prompts.  In service pack 2 if you have it, enable
anything concerned with automatic prompting.  After you have set things the way
you like, hit ok then apply if there is an apply, then ok again.  When Internet
Explorer warns you about changing security settings, hit enter on the yes
button.