Help with Hotmail

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:32:57 +0100

Hello: During this past week, my Hotmail account was changed to the newest
version that has been releasing over the past couple of months. Before this
change, I could use Hotmail effectively and all of the functions worked.
  Now, however, I am unable to send messages, reply to messages, or access
my contact list. I have done some research and have been reading that I can
use Windows  Live Mail as my mail client and Hotmail will work OK. I do not
wish to use a program that
 is resident on my computer as I often use other machines -- that's why I
use web mail.

My daughter and I also share a business account, (for our farm), and she is
able to perform all functions including sending, replying and viewing/using
the contact list.

I am running Windows XP with all appropriate updates, JAWS Version 10, IE7
on a cable connection. I can type into the edit boxes for the address field
and subject field, but no edit box appears for the message field. Also, when
I hit the send button, nothing seems to happen; I have searched for any
error messages and find none.

  Any help would be apreciated, Microsoft is, thus far, unresponsive, and I
really have need of both Email addresses.

  If you have ideas, please send them to mainefun40@xxxxxxxxx
Thank you.

Alternative archives located at: