Re: Graphics on web pages

  • From: "john r. vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:32:21 -0500

You need to go in and change the jaws configuration for IE to read only
labled graphics.
to do this,
1. bring up the config manager with  insert key plus number 6 on the numbers
row  while on a web page.
2. do an alt key to bring up the menues and then press letter S for
settings.
3. now either down arrow to graphics and symbols and enter on this menue
item; or press letter G for graphics and you will be placed in the graphics
and symbols dialogue box.
4. the first control is where you can set how much or how many types of
graphics are spoken by jaws.  I would down arrow to just have jaws read
labled graphics.  so select what ever you want.  it is now on read all
graphics.
5. tab over to okay and then do a control S to save your changes and then
close the jaws config manager with alt F4.
good luck
John in sunny and warm florida