Re: Fw: jaws and the international phonetic alphabet

  • From: "Alex Midence" <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:38:12 -0500

Hello, Patricia,

I'm a bit of a linguistics buff and have encountered this problem
myself.  Have you tried switching the language jaws is reading in?
That sometimes works for me.  Do you use refreshable braille?  If so,
sometimes, changing the braille translation table works for a few
symbols like thorn, eth, and esh.  I wish I could be more helpful than
that.

Bonne Chance avec votre classe,
Alex