Fw: RE: IE Error Safe message

  • From: acarthon@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:50:14 -0600

Thanks Linda for your reply. I had received the message twice last week,
but not this week. However, my computer seems to be acting strange.
Jaws tends to lose focus at times while I am waiting for a web page to
load. In other words, I am able to check the status of a website at one
instance, and then I can't.
I press the command for reading the status line and Jaws says nothing.
However, I can hit the numpad 5 on my wireless keyboard, and Jaws says
blank.
In order to get the web page back in focus I have to do an alt-tab, and
the Web page is right there and Jaws is reading again.
At other websites, Jaws won't say or let me do anything until the page
has completely loaded.
I usually have a MS Word document open so that I can copy and paste
certain info.
I am using Jaws 7.1 and I am running Windows XP home on my laptop.
My CPU seems to be working really hard at these times as well.
I will also place the error message for "Error Safe" in its entirety just
in case someone has seen it. It was suggested to me by Rich that it may
be a Trojan virus, so I am glad I didn't install and run it.
My Norton 2005 hasn't reported anything as of yet. I run it at least
twice a week and update the same.
Thanks everybody!
AC

Hi Rich,
I posted about this issue before to the list, but I haven't heard
anything as of yet. However, I didn't include the error message because I
forgot the Virtual
Buffer command but thanks to your inquiry I can send it, so here it is.
It has occurred twice this week.
Has it happened to you?
The error message follows:

Microsoft Internet Explorer

NOTICE: If your computer has errors in the registry database or file
system, it could cause unpredictable or erratic behavior, freezes and
crashes.

Fixing these errors can increase your computer's performance and prevent
data loss.

Would you like to install ErrorSafe to check your computer for free?
(Recommended)

OK Cancel

 I clicked cancel, and the dialogue disappeared. However, Jaws didn't
lock up this time because I let the web page continue loading. Once the
page finished
the first time as well.

Any info or pointers will be greatly appreciated.