Frustrating problem with jaws and word processing

  • From: "TerriLynne" <terri_lynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:17:05 -0700

Hi all,
I am so frustrated with word processing and jaws. This is a problem that has
started in the last month or two, and I don't know what caused it.
Whether I am in MSWord, wordpad, or notepad, jaws is only happy reading the top
four or five lines. After that, it is a real trial to get it to read anything.
I have to hit the down arrow several times, doing it quickly twice in a row at
least once, or more likely twice. Then it allows me to go down, but it still
doesn't read the line. I have to go up and back down a couple of times for
every couple of lines. And there is no getting to the bottom of a document.
CtrlEnd doesn't get there. Page down can take me some way down, but if the
document is long, even this won't work.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Sign me desperate. Smile.

TerriLynne