Re: E-mail with Outlook Problem

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:32:59 -0500

I had this problem prior to JAWS 6.2. My solution was to shift-tab once into the attachments field. Then JAWS would recognize any attachments.

Aside from that, can't she upgrade to 6.2? I think it should be free to owners of version 6. Many listers have commented that 6.2 is much more stable than 6, as I have certainly found.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All:

I've got a client with what I think is a strange e-mail problem.  She is
running JAWS 6 with Microsoft Outlook 2003.  A colleague of hers is
running Microsoft Outlook 2000.  When her colleague sends her an e-mail
with an attachment from Outlook 2000, my client cannot find the
attachment using jaws key plus a.  She knows from talking with a sighted
colleague that the attachment is there, but it's imbedded in the e-mail
somehow.  I suggested she try and save the attachment by going to the
file menu, then hitting 'n' for save attachments.  She then should get a
file name dialog box where she can decide where the attachment should be
saved.

Any ideas on why she cannot see the attachment with jaws key plus a?  Is
there that much of a difference between MS Outlook 2000 and 2003?  Her
colleague is sending the mail from MS word.  The colleague goes to the
file menu inside of word, then to the send to sub menu, then selects
mail recipient as attachment.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)