Re: Email Address Autocompletion in Windows Live Mail?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:47:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Kim,

When you type a few characters in the To edit box, then the name and address
are not autocompleted in the edit box. Rather, a drop down list appears below
the edit box which contains a number of suggestions, and the best match is
selected. Alas Jaws does not read those suggestions. However, if you press tab
or enter, the best match is placed in the edit box. Again, Jaws does not read
this, but you can check the text by pressing insert + up arrow.

By address book, do you mean  windows live contacts (ctrl+shift+c) ?. When you
open this window the focus is in a list view of your contacts. If you press a
few letters these appear in a quick search edit box above the list view. You
can then press down arrow to move back to the list view which now contains a
filtered list of your contacts.

David.