Re: Ebook Downloads, etc...

  • From: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:08:50 -0500

ebooks as such are not necessarily directly accessible with jaws, but there
are some that work with adobe reader and some that work with microsoft
reader and if you really want to go way out there to audio books, you might
try audible.com.  Book share has already been suggested, but I don't
consider what they are doing as ebooks.

In the states, there is a service that supplies braille books on the web
that you have to sign up for at:
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
called web braille, but you either have to have a braille display or be able
to back translate the books.