Disabling Auto Scans in NSW 2005

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 22:00:05 -0400

Hi All,

    I'm one of the  folks who's had a problem with JAWS 6.0 crashing
on my XP Home system.  I lost speech again last night and a neighbor
said One Button Checkup was running and I think the automatic scan may
be one of my problems along with the automatic virus scan in Norton
SystemWorks 2005.  I've read old posts I saved and info on One Button
Checkup in NSW and tried to do a search on the Symantec web site, but
I'm still lost.  I've always been "NSW Challenged," but the 2005
version seems quite different from what I remembered about the 2003
version.

    Could someone give me specific instructions on how to disable the
automatic One Button Checkup and Virus scans so I can run them
manually and not be interrupted when I don't expect it?

    Thank you,
Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx