Re: Crackles In Jaws

  • From: "Flint Million (jfw)" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:51:24 -0500 (CDT)

There's a known problem with SB Live cards and NT kernels (2000, XP). I've
been able to significantly reduce the crackling sound with a patch I found
on the Net. I've made it available on my own web server for conveinence.

http://www.themillionweb.com/pub/live-patcher.exe

Also, if you have JAWS being represented as an application (on your
taskbar) rather than in the system tray, JAWS will receive focus after you
close all applications. The Windows-M key combination will (usually)
minimize all windows to your taskbar and display the desktop. Or, you
could tell JFW to run in the System tray (it's in the Basics options
window) and then you use Insert+J to access the JAWS menus.