Re: Copy, and Cut do not speak

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:06:52 -0500

David:

I do not think so!

When I am using Outlook Express, when I am replying to a message, I always have
to maximize the reply edit window.

On some occasions, however, when I press ALT+SPACEBAR to open the System Menu,
nothing happens.

The only way I can cure this problem, is to unload JAWS and restart JAWS.  If
that does not solve the problem, then I have to restart Windows.  And usually,
one of these methods fixes the problem and I can again access the System menu
in Outlook Express.  Ironically, I do not have this problem in other programs I
use.

Like your situation, for whatever the reason, I think that JAWS sometimes fails
to load the appropriate script or scripts that control the speaking of the
Copy, Cut and paste commands.  And having failed to load the script or scripts
for these functions once, JAWS reports an internal error to itself and refuses
to try and load those scripts again, unless JAWS is unloaded and then restarted
or, Windows is restarted.

  HTH

  sincerely:

  Dave durber