Re: Contact Database Compatibility

  • From: "Mark Alexander" <aricorp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:13:56 -0500

MessageLarry,

I just called Gold Mine and their standard  program will not work with VISTA,
which is the operating on my new computer and also they plan to discontinue
support for the standard edition in late Feb 2008.  They do not know if the
corporate edition will work with JAWS, but will work with Vista sometime late
Feb or March.  Also the corporate edition is more money to purchase.

As you said, one would think FS would make the program usable with some sort of
contact database.  Wonder what they use for their CRM!  I know years back they
used ACT which is what I used but it will not work with VISTA and the upgrade
ACT 2007 I purchased, is a nightmare.  I called FS and some idiot had no clue
nor did he know what they use for their CRM software program.

Maybe someone on this board can shed some light on a CRM program I can work
with, but so far you're the only reply I got.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Mark A.