Re: Can't install Jaws

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:08:39 +0200

Are you logged in as with administrator rights when you install jaws?

Cheers,

Doris

At 06:26 PM 6/26/2005 -0300, you wrote:
Dell finally fixed my laptop. It took 2 motherboards, reformat of the drive, reinstall of Win XP Pro and all the drivers. Now, Jaws won't install! The initial setup screen pops-up. I depress the "setup" button. The musical interlude is heard. Then, the error pops-up. It says an error occurred while trying to modify the video-chain ... DCERRIDD cannot be found. What's that and where do I find it? The version of JAWS that I'm installing is 6.0 ... merely because that's the last disc I received. Once that's installed then I can go download the recent updates. Can anyone help? The video chain intercept screen doesn't pop-up so that I can run that. Jaws just stops installing once that error pops-up. Please help ... anyone?

Melanie